Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Agony, or, Accepting Imperfection

I'm testing paint colors in my bedroom for the second time (no, the paint I selected last time isn't going to work, but I'd rather not discuss that). To compound my troubles, I'm testing trim colors, and doing the same in the hall and other bedrooms. AND I'm planning to paint the ceilings.

Selecting and applying paint is something I would dearly love to pay someone else to do, but I apparently don't want it enough to save* for it, so here I am. I have a friend who paints at the drop of a hat, and to be honest, the results are not always stellar, in my opinion. But I admire my friend for just doing it (and for being happy with the results). I agonize over every last detail and worry so much about an imperfect outcome that I usually paralyze myself into inactivity.

I'm going to do my best to take the plunge this time and let the chips fall where they may.

*In my defense, I'm saving for the things I am literally incapable of doing myself, like car repairs, electrical work, tree trimming...

No comments: