A coworker and I are giving an hour long webinar today. I didn't think it would be a big deal until we started practicing. Turns out, this is much more difficult than speaking in front of a live audience. With no visual connection to your audience and a mic right next to your mouth (they can see my slides and hear me but not see me), there is no margin for error. Kind of like moving from the piano to the organ--you know the basics, but there are so many new subtle differences waiting to trip you up, and the new medium is much less forgiving than the familiar one.
For those in the know, this is the same presentation (about new and remodeled library classrooms) we gave in Columbus at the beginning of the month, repeated online for a new audience.
Needless to say, I'll be glad when this is over. Too bad I have all kinds of other overdue task waiting to be completed when this is done.
No comments:
Post a Comment