Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Name in Lights

Well, not in lights, but in print, at least. Today, my coworker and I approved the proofs for an academic article we wrote that will be published in March. It's a bit thrilling to think I'll be able to see my name in print and find my name by searching an article index.

I'm sure you find this just as thrilling as I do and will be lining up to buy your own copy of the article ($36).

--------------------
photo: Mrs. William Hale Thompson, writing at a desk [photograph]. ca. 2/15/15. Chicago Daily News negatives collection, DN-0009696. Courtesy of Chicago History Museum. Retrieved from American Memory at http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/cdn:@field(NUMBER+@band(ichicdn+n009696))

5 comments:

the duchess said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Will this be the first of many?

Auntie K said...

Ah, definitely not the first of many. Maybe the first of a handful? Maybe I just don't have a subject I'm interested in yet, but writing is painful for me. This article exacted much more sweat and tears than it deserved.

Adam said...

Way to go! It's nice to see the payoff after all of that hard work. Congrats.

Auntie K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie K said...

Thanks, A. I'm also about to start as assistant editor of the illustrious Tennessee Libraries journal, so my academic career is really taking off!