Sunday, November 21, 2010

Adage Proved?

I decided to do a Thanksgiving roll run-through today. The rolls are in the oven rising and I have a stomach ache.

Perhaps eating raw dough really DOES give you worms!


------------
image: W. H. Comstock, Proprietor. (nd). Comstock's dead shot pellets for worms [card]. Advertising Ephemera Collection - Database #A0383. Emergence of Advertising On-Line Project. John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History. Duke University Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library. http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/eaa.A0383/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust the rolls were dawishus and wish I could have shared them with you. Mine are rising as we speak.
L.

K said...

Yes, the rolls were pretty dawishus. Unfortunately, the run-through was all for naught. When it came time to make the real thing, the day of rather than the night before because I was too tired, I stupidly used a 3/4 C measure for the flour and very carefully counted out every two measure-fuls" 1.5 cups, 2.5 cups, 3.5 cups, 4.5 cups, 5.5 cups, at which point the dough was like pie dough, because I actually had 7.5 cups of flour. *sigh*