No one commented on this week's promise, so I'll go ahead and tell those who don't know that I've been asked to be the ward's Cubmaster. Yup, didn't see that one coming.I think (hope?) it will be OK once things get going, and I suppose it will soothe some of my regret about not seeing the older primary children (8-11's) now that I teach the 5 year olds. But right now, things are a mess. We're in the process of combining with another ward's pack, there isn't a pack committee of any sort, and organization doesn't appear to be the primary leaders' strong suit.
You couldn't tell from looking at my house or office, but part of me is extremely particular about records, facts, and data organization. That part is just screaming in agony right now.
Also, I'm not sure I have the enthusiasm or creativity required to be a Cubmaster, but I suppose I can fake the former and for the latter, that's why Al Gore invented the Internets.
-------------------
photo: Delano, Jack. (1942). Chicago, Illinois. Ida B. Wells Housing Project. A meeting of the Cub Scouts in the community center [photograph]. Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, FSA-OWI Collection, [reproduction number LC-USW3-000285-D DLC]. Available from American Memory.
2 comments:
Congrats! Sorry, I'm just now catching up on blogs. You must have more faith than I do because I wouldn't last long in that calling.
I never learned the difference between a Cubmaster and someone else with a similar title, but if it's anything like being a Webelo leader, you'll be bonded to those boys for life and they'll be as dear to you as though they were your own. On my honor!
L.
Post a Comment