Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Narcs are Watching

Last night, my library friend Louis came to tell me I had a phone call. Turns out, Governor Bredesen wanted to bring some postal inspectors to the library for database training. Illegal trade in peat moss (through the mail) is on the rise, and the governor thought that some library research was just the thing to give the postal inspectors the edge against the bad guys. Even though the governor was kind of rude about the whole thing, and even though I thought it would be a waste of time, I said yes. I mean, he is the governor.

Thankfully, I woke up to realize this was all a bizarre night dream. Or at least, I think it was.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Whoa. Sounds like someone is in need of a long Christmas break from the library.

Amy said...

Until the last sentence, I was occupied with trying to figure out who Louis was.