Saturday, November 21, 2009

Perspective


Here is one of the upright cables on the Golden Gate Bridge, with my hand in front for perspective. When I got to the Marin County side of the bridge, I rested at the visitors area for a while, and heard a tour guide telling his group that the bridge is so named because of the golden effect of morning sunlight glinting off the bridge.

Hmm. And what about the fact that the strait itself was called the Golden Gate long before the bridge was built?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably another graduate of CA schools. Do they even teach CA history in CA? Would the tour guide know the difference between Fremont and The Terminator? Besides which, what does a straight have to do with it, unless you are talking poker?

Auntie K said...

Anonymous, I did say "strait," not "straight." :-)

And I'm not sure I know the difference between Fremont and the Terminator.