Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Original


I posted earlier about Mississippi Mud Cake, and struck a chord with at least some of my readers. Here's the original recipe, from Mable Hoffman's Chocolate Cookery.

I just realized that this recipe shares a key ingredient with two of the other most worn recipes at Mom's house. Any guesses as to which two recipes those might be?

4 comments:

Adam said...

Eggs and flour?
Butter and sugar?
I can't get it. Please tell me!

Auntie K said...

Yes, the other two recipes also have eggs and flour and sugar and butter (one of the recipes has brown sugar). They also share another KEY ingredient with MMC. The recipe with brown sugar also has sour cream in it.

Jen said...

No suprise that it also would have plenty of chocolte in it...your mom's super duper yummy chocolate cake? I could seriously just eat the batter once the sour cream is in it.

Auntie K said...

Yes, Jen correctly named Chocolate Cake with Chocolate icing. Technically, it contains bittersweet chocolate while MS Mud Cake contains cocoa, but who's quibbling? The other well-thumbed recipe at Mom's house contains bittersweet chocolate, if that's a hint (and if my memory is correct).