Saturday, August 29, 2009

Opportunities Abound


I popped in at home recently for Dad's birthday. It was a low-key event (I think "low-key" is a synonym for our family name), but I enjoyed myself, and I didn't hear anyone else complaining.

In an effort to travel light, I didn't take a book on the trip. I listened to The Language of Bees on the plane, and trusted that I would find something to read at the house.

Just look at all the choices! I managed to take only two books home with me (Fortune Cookie Chronicles and Freakonomics).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you leave books alone in the dark, they multiply!

Auntie K said...

THAT explains it!

Starrlett said...

Ooo, I really enjoyed Freakonomics, and got to hear the author speak at ALA this year!! Let me know what you think.

If you like it, he's coming out with another book in October, I believe.