The library is closing for the second afternoon in a row because the heat is not working. Of course, I wasn't here yesterday to be sent home early, because I was home recovering from the drive and nursing a cold.
But I'm here now, and I have so much to do that I'm not even leaving. Pretty sad, when they tell you to go home and you can't. Actually, it's only 67 degrees in my office, and I'm perfectly happy--not even wearing a sweater, but I think it's colder in other parts of the building. The official instructions are to take work home with us if we can and be prepared to be called back in if they decide after a 3:00 meeting to reopen the building. Since the library closes at 4:30 today, I would NOT be happy to get called back at 3:00. So for now, I'm going to stay right here and do what I do best--avoid work by doing any and everything else possible (like blogging). Besides, it's definitely colder than 67 degrees in my apartment, so why not stay here?
No comments:
Post a Comment